Kyoto, Japan or Hybrid
About the Company
A travel tech company
Wasimil is a travel tech company serving Japanese hoteliers with and integrated platform solution. Our mission is to empower hoteliers with a one-stop solution that caters to all their operational needs, from reservation management to customer engagement.
One Integrated Platform for All Hotelier Needs
Our comprehensive platform is designed to streamline the complex processes that hoteliers face daily. Whether it's managing bookings, handling guest services, or executing direct marketing campaigns, our platform integrates all these functions into one seamless system. This integration not only saves time but also enhances efficiency, allowing hoteliers to focus on what they do best - providing exceptional guest experiences.
Customer satisfaction is at the heart of our platform. We provide tools that allow hoteliers to understand their guests' preferences, communicate effectively, and offer tailored services. By enhancing the customer journey, we help hotels build stronger, more meaningful relationships with their guests.
Not a traditional Japanese company
We are an international team and use English as our primary communication language. If you enjoy travel and working with a diverse and interesting set of end customers then this would be an additional perk where you travel and stay at hotels across Japan getting a chance to interact and learn about their business origin story and their unique challenges.
As an engineer on our team, you won’t just be another cog in the wheel working at a large corporate with an endless hierarchical structure to report to. We work in a flat organizational team structure where you will be a key player in shaping our product roadmap, contributing directly to our success, and building a legacy in the Japanese hotel industry. As a pioneer member, you'll play a critical role in our growth journey. Your work will have a lasting impact, not just on our product but on the entire hotel industry in Japan.
We value creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. You'll have the freedom to experiment with new technologies, propose innovative solutions, and drive continuous improvement in our platform. Your ideas and expertise will directly influence the direction of our product. You will be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement features that align with our customers needs.
Kyoto AZOO Office
About the Position
- No Japanese required
- Apply from abroad is okay
- Hybrid → primarily work from Kyoto office
- 4+ years of experience
- 6 to 9 million JPY annually + stock options
- 3+ years experience with Node.js and Typescript
- GraphQL experience is a bonus
- Unit and integration testing
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment
- Organized and self-sufficient
- Advanced chopstick handling skills 🥢
- While the following are not necessarily responsibilities but simply a list of the technologies that we use for your understanding of our stack:
- microservice architecture using Docker and kubernetes
- Mentoring team members and reviewing their code
- Improvement of existing system architecture
- Backend application development using Typescript and Node.js
- 4+ years of professional experience, with 2+ years at a single company
- 3+ years of professional experience working on the backend
- Experience communicating with non-engineers, especially communicating with product design, product manager and business development team members.
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as GitHub Actions, Circle CI
Kyoto's rich history, combined with its burgeoning tech scene, holds a special allure for me. The city's commitment to preserving tradition while embracing innovation perfectly aligns with my own values. I believe that Kyoto's unique blend of cultural heritage and technological advancement offers an ideal environment to drive meaningful progress in the engineering field.
Future with us
- Tourism in Japan is one of the most promising industries.
- In fact, Japanese hotel market is growing every year. Our potential market size is like below.
After all, we are serving the hotel industry so there are many opportunities to travel across Japan and meet with Japanese hoteliers